It's quiet. Too quiet.
Conversation seems to have died out, so I'm going to be nosy. I prefer to think of it as getting to know my potential classmates, but I guess it could be construed as sizing up the competition. I won't ask anything too obvious or revealing (no "how long have you been writing" or "who's your favorite writer"). I'll post my own answers below.
1) Let's start with pets. How many and what flavors?
2) What television show do you watch that is a guilty pleasure?
3) What's on your iPod (or CD collection...or 8-tracks) that people who know you might not guess?
4) What's your favorite kind of pasta and why?
5) Imagine you get into CW, we all become successful, and they make a movie about our time in Seattle. What actor/actress would play you in he movie?
6) Whatr's your favorite element on the periodic table?
7) What animal would your patronus be? (Yes, I've dipped into Harry Potter. Sue me.)
8) In one word, describe your car.
9) What is your favorite sound?
10) Paper or plastic?
And now my answers:
1) 4 pests...er, pets. 2 cats, 2 dogs. One cat is a scale model of the other. One weiner dog named Nickelpede (bonus points if you know the source of that one). The other's a mutt named Duke, after my grandfather (who had the nickname after John Wayne).
2) Most of them. Specifically? Wipeout. Long live the big balls! (That's not dirty, just suggestively named. I promise.)
3) Kermit the Frog singing "Rainbow Connection".
4) Jumbo shells. They are delicious stuffed with ricotta. And I like to make them talk.
5) Brendan Fraser, but he'd have to grow a goatee. (Technically it's a Van Dyke, I guess.)
6) Florine. I was always fascinated by hydrofloric acid.
7) Penguin, baby. Doobie, doobie doo.
9) My daughter's laugh, of course. Followed by the "Ah!" sound of a child learning something that previously confused them.
10) Plastic. I can carry more that way.
Now I want to hear from everyone else. Hey, someone had to break the ice. Ironically, I'm a bit of an introvert in person. I want to know stuff about you in case we're in Seattle together so we have something to talk about.