Change Display Name
Emily C. Skaftun
I crept up to a space that I thought was near Shaundra’s side. “What is it?”
|What I Write||
I like to call it “delightfully absurd,” and hope no one notices it’s a smokescreen covering my distaste for details like “how things actually work.”
Full list at http://www.eskaftun.com/p/publications.html
Real talk: I haven’t been writing much. See, I have this full-time editor job and it’s killing my fiction. In previous Write-a-thons I’ve had big goals and I’ve never ever met them. So this summer is about trying to clean my much-neglected writing house and figure out how to re-integrate fiction into my life. Here are some of the things I intend to do:
• Add a year’s worth of old travel writing, book reviews, and other junk to the blog. (at least 2 posts per week–see, I had this as a goal last year, and actually did it, but then didn’t keep up on it all year long. Sad trombone!)
• Um, actually submit some fiction for once? (at least 1 per week)
• Write and post new postcard stories. (at least 3 per week)
• Work on current WIP, a murder mystery set in a school full of invisible teenagers. This had been last year’s goal too, upsettingly. At that time I thought it was a short story, but it wasn’t. It’s a damn YA novel. On the bright side, I did “finish” it last year. Too bad I have to “finish” it again.
• If that doesn’t work, I have two other unfinished/abandoned novels I half-heartedly want to finish/update.
Perhaps having goals will get me back into the habit of writing before work. Dare to dream!
Sponsor me with money! All sponsors paying over $15 will receive a one-of-a-kind postcard story on an actual postcard from an actual foreign country (Iceland, Ireland, Cuba, or Israel primarily). For more on what these are, visit http://eskaftun.com/postcards-from/.
All sponsors will receive updates, so the more of you there are the more guilty I’ll feel about not meeting this year’s goals. See? You’re helping!