Sample Write-a-Thon goals
Pick a writing goal, something that will challenge and motivate you, and tailor it to your time and energy.
Sample goals for you to start with:
- I will write for 15 minutes a day
- I will write 250 words a day
- I will write 8,000 words a week (we call that a “Swanwick”)
- I will complete a story, novella, or trilogy
- I will submit three stories to professional markets
- I will revise a story or chapter a week
- I will write five complete poems
- I will finish my screenplay
- I will complete 3 poems
- I will finish the story, novel, screenplay, or epic trilogy that’s been sitting around for a while
These suggestions are just a starting point to help get you thinking about what might work for you. Your writing and your life are unique, and so are your goals!
With a personalized Write-a-thon page and a special PayPal link, we make it easy to ask for support and donations for Clarion West from friends and family.
Need ideas for putting together your Write-a-thon page? We’ve got some quick tips here.