The Development and Outreach Coordinator is a part-time development position responsible for the care and coordination of key relationships including, but not limited to our volunteers, grantors, and donors. This position involves specific administrative tasks, development and implementation of annual giving strategies, and working closely with the Executive Director (ED) and Art & Communications Director on the overall development and outreach plan for Clarion West.
Although there are fine science fiction and fantasy writers of all ethnicities, races, and genders, historically the field has reflected the same prejudices found in the culture around it, leading to proportionately fewer successful women and LGBTQIA+ writers, writers of color, and writers from marginalized backgrounds. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Coordinate the tracking and submission of grant proposals, help identify new grant opportunities, manage grant reporting.
- Provide timely, effective professional support to the Executive Director related to donor development and the Art & Communications Director related to outreach.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement an annual plan for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Record stewardship interactions in Salesforce (donor CRM management system) and create reports to show activity.
- Coordination and implementation of 2-3 direct mail/donor appeal requests annually, including writing, design, scope and mail/email.
- Coordinate the website and mailing package branding, language, and solicitation calendar for scholarships, the Women in SF Giving Circle, Instructorships, Monthly Sustainers, and Legacy Giving.
- Support the implementation of annual donor recognition programs.
- Support various board members with donor engagement and attend and support the board Development Committee.
- Maintain event sponsor relationships and help identify and build new ones.
- Support outreach and donor events throughout the year, including planning and implementation.
- Assist in recruiting, identifying, and training event and outreach volunteers.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- 2-3 years of fundraising experienced preferred.
- Strong record keeping skills and basic writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Salesforce or CRM proficiency preferred.
- Prefer a strong interest in speculative fiction.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, based in Seattle preferred.
- Understands and accepts other points of view and recognizes the value of different approaches.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions
- This is a part-time, remote position. Availability for in-person meetings a must.
- Occasional use of personal vehicle.
- Light lifting of supplies (25-30 lbs) preferred, not required.
- Involves non-regular hours for committee meetings and special events, especially during the summer and fall.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to your email and list the position title in the subject line of the email.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is a 20 hour per week, hourly position. Compensation range is $24,000-$26,880 annually and is dependent on qualifications and experience. Benefit package includes: medical, paid holidays, sick leave and paid time off.
Open until filled
Clarion West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or other non-related work factor as protected by law.