Clarion West is dedicated to establishing a safe and harassment-free environment for everyone. This includes, but is not limited to, staff, board, volunteers, teachers, students, and all event participants. Our event organizers reserve the right to take whatever action(s) necessary to address any action (behavior) that disrupts our event and/or creates a hostile environment for any of its participants.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Discrimination or unfair treatment based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size or shape, race, age, religion
- Establishing a hostile, intimidating, or offensive environment
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Unwelcome photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Repeated unwanted contact via communications, including audio or video messages and calls, emails, text messages, and other electronic communications
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior
Those asked to stop such behaviors are expected to immediately comply.
If anyone makes you or someone you know feel unsafe or unwelcome, please contact one of the Clarion West event organizers immediately. Harassment and other code of conduct violations are contrary to the spirit of inclusion and community that we value at Clarion West. We want all of our members to feel seen, heard, and safe.
If you wish to make a personal or anonymous report through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key pieces of information to include:
- Identity of the Violator(s)
- The behavior that was in violation
- The approximate time of the behavior
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- If a warning was issued and ignored
- Approximate time of the warning
- (optional) Your identity
Clarion West prohibits retaliation against any members for reporting harassment, intimidation or discrimination, or for participating in an investigation relating to any complaint made. The sanctions for retaliation are the same as any other violation of this code of conduct.
Clarion West sanctions may include, but are not limited to:
- Warning the violating party
- Requesting a formal apology on behalf of the complainant(s)
- Removal from the event
- Denial of access to Clarion West events on a temporary or permanent basis
- Removal from Board of Directors, when appropriate
Clarion West will make all reasonable efforts to investigate allegations of harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in a manner that protects the confidentiality of all parties. Notwithstanding the above, confidentiality is not absolute and those with a legitimate reason to know will be informed of the allegations as needed. All matters under investigation will be treated with discretion and respect for all the parties involved.