Students attending Clarion West incur expenses for tuition, housing and food, travel, and other living expenses. Clarion West students are fortunate to have a rich offering of scholarships available.
Full and partial scholarships are available from private donors in memory of the following honored individuals:
- Elliot Alexander
- Michael Alexander
- Elliot and Michael Alexander
- Mark Bourne
- Gordon R. Dickson (supported by the Midwestern SF community)
- Robert and Dorothy Munson
- Susan C. Petrey
Full and partial scholarships are generously supported by the following:
- An anonymous Clarion West graduate
- Clarion West alumni
- Empire and Great Jones Creative Arts Foundation
Scholarship support is available to select students through the following:
- The Octavia E. Butler Memorial Scholarship, which covers tuition and housing, is awarded by the Carl Brandon Society to a single student of color.
- Students from the New York metropolitan area are eligible for assistance from the Donald A. and Elsie B. Wollheim Memorial Scholarship Fund, sponsored by New York Science Fiction Society/The Lunarians, Inc.
Additionally, assistance is available for students with special needs to remove physical barriers to their participation in the workshop, thanks to ReadAssist.