Clarion West announces its 2015 Summer Reading Series
Clarion West’s exciting Summer Reading Series, featuring prominent writers of science fiction and fantasy who are teaching its prestigious Six-Week Workshop, will take place in June and July of 2015. This year’s workshop instructors hail from all over the world and between them write an incredible variety of work: from Afro-Caribbean speculative fiction, to one of the most celebrated books about time travel ever written, to ominously predictive stories about the surveillance state, this year’s instructors open readers’ eyes to the possibilities of the world.
Authors will read from their work and answer questions about writing, teaching, editing, and other topics. These events are a chance to get to know some of the most prominent and award-winning writers working in speculative fiction today.
Readings take place at the University Book Store, 4326 University Way NE in Seattle, unless otherwise noted. All readings except for the Cory Doctorow event on July 28 are free and do not require tickets.
- June 23, 7 PM: Andy Duncan
- June 30, 7 PM: Eileen Gunn
- July 7, 7 PM: Tobias S. Buckell
- July 14, 7 PM: Connie Willis
- July 21, 7 PM: Nalo Hopkinson
- July 28, 7 PM: Cory Doctorow (at the University Temple United Methodist Church, 1415 Northeast 43rd Street, Seattle, WA 98105. Tickets are $10 in advance, and can be purchased at www.clarionwest.org/events/cory-doctorow-in-conversation/.)
More information about the authors and the readings can be found at www.clarionwest.org/events/readings/ and at ubookstore.com/events.